WOW! Has it really been 10 years since we graduated from high school?!?!? I guess that means we're beginning to get old. :)
This weekend was a fun filled 2 days....seeing old friends, catching up, remembering the good...and the bad...days, meeting spouses & kids, and mostly just hanging out like we were all still 18. But I must admit, it was a little awkward at first, especially since I went to college in Oklahoma (instead of Georgia with most of my classmates) and lost touch with and haven't seen many fellow graduates in the 10 years since graduation. It was a lot of fun though and I really hope to see many of you before another 10 years slips away!
So, what have I been up to these past 10 years.....
Let's see, I went to Oral Roberts Univ. and got a Bachelor's in Psychology, lost lots of weight (as you will notice below), met & married Jon Dingman (going on 5 years next month!), moved to Atlanta where I almost finished my Master's in Educational Psychology, gave birth to two unbelievably amazing children, and am now living back where I was 10 years ago....even in the same bedroom! It's been a very exciting 10 years!!! And if you're wondering if I would rewind and relive high school.....not in a million years!!! It was fun...and now it's over!
After lunch we would all go outside and just hang out. This was the last day of our senior year! I was able to get current pictures of all but one. Where are you Jeff??? I think most of us would say we look a little better now. :)
.........
To begin the weekend, Jon & I went to dinner with my longest running friend, Josh Burnham. He and I have seriously been friends since we were two years old! Now, I have a 2 year old and his son is 1...wow! Also joining us for dinner, Josh's wife Shannon and our high school friends Karma & Katie. The 6 of us sort of stuck together all weekend...
After dinner we all headed over to the popular high school hangout, Trolley's, for the "Meet & Greet." It was really awkward at first, but after a while we all felt more comfortable and enjoyed catching up....
Next event...the "Family Cookout." It was nice seeing everyone's kids...and so wonderful to finally meet you Noah! Happy 1st Birthday!!!!
Noah & Kate
A few pics of more old friends from high school....I know it's only been 10 years, but what a blast from the past!
One last thing for your veiwing pleasure. It is a VERY rare event that I will show old pictures from my "overweight years" (especially to those of you who didn't know me then), but in honor of the reunion, and the fact that this video is pretty funny, I am posting a clip of a music video the 4 of us made as a project for Spanish class. We were all 4 at the reunion this weekend.....and this made us all laugh! Kim, Ladonna, & Wendi, this is for you...and your spouses! :)


7 comments:
Oh my goodness! You are so good at your posts! Congrats on your 10 year! Ours is in October...crazy!! We are looking for a new jogging stroller, but want to look ahead for a baby #2. I remember you getting a Phil and Ted...do you still love it? Also interested in the Bob Double, but wondering if it is too big? But then wonder if Adler would really sit in that lower part of the Phil and Ted? Let me know your experience when you get a chance! Thanks!
WOooooo....!!!....
That was prety funny. Well good to see all your frinds. Well that was good!! Cant wait to see you all.
BYE
Interesting weekend, huh??! :)
I am not sure if I would think that was fun or not. Glad you enjoyed it.....
I'm still on the fence about mine. Mainly cause of the $80 / person price. Ouch!
joey graduated in '98 too, but we can't seem to find info about a reunion.
congrats, looks like you had lots of fun!
That video was hilarious! I think your reunion feelings were typical for most people ... awkward at first, but then it got better. My 30th reunion was going to be last year but it fell apart before it got going. Just as well. Most of the people who were at one of the meetings I went to still haven't grown up yet. Pretty clever what you did to that photo where you updated the faces! Blessings.
I love the outfits you wore to your reunion. Very cute. :)
Post a Comment