Friday, June 6, 2008

RODEO!

Tonight we took the kids to their first ever RODEO!!!! In fact, I don't know that I had ever been to one...certainly not one that I can remember. And, it was so much fun!



Our Little Cowgirl!

....................

Me with my Little Cowboy!


First thing we did...explore! Kate was so excited to ride the ponies....thanks Granny Annie! Then, she and her daddy went to look at all the animals.

.........

The opening performance.


While Jon, my dad, and Kate were walking around before the show, a lady came up to them, having noticed how adorable Kate looked in her outfit :), and asked if she would consider being in the opening act with the rodeo clown! So, we took her "backstage" to meet the clown, the dog, Susie Q, who would also be in the show, and....The Box! You see, Kate's job would be to get into a dark box while the clown magically turned her into a ballerina....a ballerina dog that is. Kate was a little nervous at first, but after playing with the dog a while, decided to do it.

After the first round of riders the clown and his big box were brought out on the field. He asked if there were any little girls who wanted to become a ballerina, then walked over to where we were sitting. I lifted Kate up over the giant fence into the arms of a total stranger...and clown! Kate looked back at us nervously but then went through with it. He put her in the large box!!! Unfortunately, I was so nervous that I didn't even think to video and only took a few pictures.


.............................
Kate is still in the box.....

.........

At the end, a bunch of cowboys came, lifted up the box, and carried it out....with Kate still inside!






After running around the whole field to get to Kate as fast as possible, Kate was mostly excited to take a picture with the clown....I guess she wasn't too terrified! :)



Then he gave her a signed poster...she LOVED it! I think she was so proud of herself...and we all know that she loves being the center of attention!

.................

Now it was time for the show. Kate and Gabe both loved watching all the horses and bulls!

..............................


Gabe sat on laps for most of the rodeo, but by the end he was ready for a closer look!

.................


Here are a couple of videos from the rodeo...barrel racing and the bull!




5 comments:

MamaMinded said...

How I hate that we missed it! We would have loved to see Cowboy Kate and Gabe. How cute!! Walker loved Kung Pooh Bear, though. We will have to keep our eyes peeled for future rodeos!!

Apryl said...

That is so impressive that she stayed in that dark box like that!! Wish you had the whole thing recorded! :) Looks like you had a great time.

Dallas said...

Oh man, I am terrified of clowns! Kate is much braver then I would have been. The kids looked cute in their cowboy gear.

Anonymous said...

Hey that looks fun but i don't think I'll try it!!! Can't wait to see you all!!
BYE
Andrew Dingman

Laurie said...

Kate makes an adorable cowgirl. looks like a lot of fun! You look great, Deanna!