Friday, June 13, 2008

Beach Party!!!

.....Vacation Bible School style that is! :)


Where have we been all week (and all last week for planning)? Vacation Bible School! My friend Jennifer (Griffen's mommy) asked Phoebe & I if we would teach classes for VBS at her church. I was given 10 five year olds...and what a great bunch of kids they were! It actually made me miss teaching....first time I've really missed it since Kate was born!



My fun, energetic, entertaining, full of life, smart, and oh-so-cute....Jellyfishers!!!!
(minus 2 boys who weren't there when I took the picture)



And here we are, waiting for Assembly to begin.
Also pictured are my two wonderful helpers, Kim & Camille.


I took lots of pictures...here is just a taste of all the fun we had this week!



And while I was teaching 5 year olds, Kate also had the BEST week with all her friends at her first ever week of VBS! Thanks Mrs. Terri for all you did! You certainly went above and beyond for our kids! Kate learned lots of new surfing moves and when asked, "What did you learn?" Her response, "Jesus Loves Me and Fish." It doesn't get much better than that! :)


Mrs. Terri, Kate, & Emma

This was first thing in the morning so the girls weren't quite ready to have their pictures taken...they like to ease into the day before modeling. :)

And where was Mr. Gabe all this time? In the nursery...4 hours a day for 2 weeks straight! He had a rough start, but by the end I think we were finally making progress. :) But, I owe many thanks to these two sweet ladies who really catered to my very high maintenance little boy...walking, holding, rocking, shoveling in cookies & crackers. They did everything to make him happy. They were so sweet...and VERY patient! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Finally, after a long, but very rewarding week, VBS ended with a short program and cookout. Thanks again Jennifer & Nicole for letting me be a part of VBS 2008!!!

5 comments:

Charmane said...

Just as I suspected ... looks like everything was great at VBS!! The pictures are so beautiful and colorful. Is that a set of twins in your class? I wonder if I know who any of the kids are ... sadly, it would be their GRANDPARENTS I might know! Gee, I used to know everybody, the Navy has sure changed things around here. Well shut my mouth, gotta love the Navy now! Or hate it? Depends on what day it is:( I'm glad Gabe did well, sorry I couldn't help you w/him. Kate looks like such a big girl w/her class! You deserve a great big reward, I know you got an extra star in your crown for teaching VBS! Hope you are rested up for Father's Day. Will be waiting on FD pictures! Blessings.

Charmane said...

P.S. I am so impressed that the nursery girls are wearing i.d. badges!

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU Deanna! I really appreciate all the hard work you put in to help with VBS and hope you'll join us next year!

Apryl said...

Looks like you all had fun. :)
Glad you got a few pictures of Kate afterall.

Bess said...

Just thought I would mention that I really miss those days of teaching with you. That was such a fun time!