Thursday, June 19, 2008

Meeting Princess Belle

For those of you who really know Kate, you know that right now she is in to anything and everything Princess! She loves all the main Disney beauties....Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Ariel, & Snow White....in that order. We watch one princess movie almost every day and she LOVES to dress up!!! Having been a tomboy growing up, I sure do have one very girly little girl!!! But, I LOVE IT! I hope she always wants to wear dresses and play with her princesses....it's so sweet!

That being said, when I heard Belle was coming to the local library for storytime (thanks Phoebe), I knew we just HAD to go! Kate has been sort of sick and cranky all week so this was a very special treat for us both. We left Gabe with Grandma and headed out for a "Mommy & Kate date."

Princess Belle greeted all the little waiting princesses and then sat down to read a story about her time in the castle with the Beast. She was wonderful!



Afterwards, they told all the little girls to line up to meet Belle and take pictures. Kate rushed over with everyone and quickly found a spot in the line. Being the youngest (aside from a baby), I went to stand in line with her to make sure she stayed in place. However, as soon as I came close she pushed me away and said, "Go away Mommy!" Does it really start this young?!? Apparently, since none of the bigger girls needed their moms to stand in line with them, Kate also did NOT need me. :( I guess I will be one of those moms who has to drop the kids off a block away....and I thought I was cool! :)



Kate was soooo excited to meet Belle. She really couldn't stop smiling, and even ran to the back of the line for a second turn. Belle was so sweet and let the girls go through several times before having to leave. But, she and all her friends will be performing 'Beauty & the Beast" at the auditorium next week.....we haven't told Kate yet!!!

....................


Trying to get in the car with Kate isn't always a fast and easy process....she loves to play! And since she looked so cute all dressed up, I easily gave in this time and let her play outside the library for a while so that I could take pictures. :)




...........................

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo.. Kate you look asome. And i can't belive you meet bela!! Hugs and kisses to all!!
BYE Andrew Dingman

Anonymous said...

Kate - I just love your blue princess dress! How fun to meet Belle, she was just so beautiful. Give Gabe a big kiss for being 9 months old.

Love,
Aunt Myra

Charmane said...

Hmmm ... some huge emotions going on here ... a "Mommy & Kate Date" ... then Kate says, "Go away, Mommy!" I am going to have to start bringing tissues w/me when I visit your blog! Kate makes such a beautiful princess. "Belle" is an amazing actress, I have seen her in many plays at CCHS, and also she was in "The Sound of Music" at the Alhambra! Several articles have been in the paper telling the 'story' behind this play, it's sort of a family project revolving around mom (director) having cancer. I hope to make it to one of the presentations myself. Did you know Dave is running sound? (What? No pictures of the "Grandma & Gabe Date")?? Blessings.

Apryl said...

How fun! I have been wondering when you were going to get the pictures up! Kate looks so cute, and we are jealous there are no princess story times around here!! LOL

Jessica said...

Awww...she's a gorgeous little princess!